Green peas kebabs
Recipe Servings: 3Prep Time:
Cook Time:Total Cook Time:
Ingredients Of Green Peas Kebab
- 1 cup frozen BIT green peas / pachi batani
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 5 green chillies
- 1 medium pod garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 12 pieces cashew nut powder
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander / kothi mera
- 2 tsp rice flour
- 2 tsp besan / chickpea flour / senagapindi
- 1 tsp lime juice1/4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 3 Tbsp oil
How to Make Green Peas Kebab
- Wash green peas and drain all the water.
- In a food processor, add cashews and powder them.
- Transfer this powder in to a bowl.
- Add green chilli, ginger and garlic in the food processor and make a fine paste.
- Add the paste to the cashew powder bowl.
- Now add green peas to the food processor and make a coarse paste.
- Add the paste to cashew powder.
- Add salt, chopped onions, coriander, rice flour, chickpea flour and lime juice. Mix well.
- Divide the paste into equal parts and make cylindrical shapes.
- Roll the shapes on crushed corn flakes.
- Add oil to the pan and shallow fry until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Spicy green peas
Spicy Peas, touch of spices added to sweetness from peas and sourness from lemon makes this a great snack or a side dish. This is an easy recipe to make. Bright green color gives a nice touch to any meal.
Recipe will serve 4
- 3 cups BIT green peas frozen (baby peas are preferred)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 teaspoons ginger chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons green chili chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped (hara dhania)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Thaw the peas and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready.
- Add cumin seeds as they crack add green chili and ginger, stir for few second add green peas and salt.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes string occasionally, till peas are tender. Add black pepper and cilantro mix it well.
- Turn off the heat and squeeze the lemon juice over and stir.
- Spicy green peas are ready to serve!
- Serve Spicy green peas hot or at room temperature.
- Serve this as a side dish with any dal or gravy base dish.
- This really goes well as a snack by itself or with any kind of plain crackers. I serve them over Mathri, Saltine crackers or Papdi. You can find these recipes on my web site.
- Spicy Peas can be rolled in any flat bread for travelling or picnic. Spicy peas keep well at room temperature for 1-2 days.
- 150 gm. Rice
- 250 gm. Fresh BIT peas removed from pea pods
- 1 Tea spoon Cumin seeds Jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- 4-5 Black Pepper pods
- 1 Black cardamon
- 1/2Inch Cinnamon stick
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1/2 Tea spoon Salt (Or to taste)
- 5 ml. Ghee/ cooking oil
How to make BIT green peas pulav:
- Wash rice and soak it in 150 ml. water.
- Take soaked rice and cook it in a pan with large amount of water till the rice grain are almost done.
- Drain all water and if the grains are sticking to each other pour water to remove excess starch and allow all water to drain off.
- Take ghee/ oil in wok and heat on high flame.
- When ghee/oil is hot add jeera and bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, pepper.
- When the seedssplutters before it starts getting dark brown add peas and stir for 2min.
- Lower the flame and add drained boiled rice.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder.
- Mix nicely and gently.
- Cover and cook for 5 min. on low flame, with occasional stirring.
- Hot Matter pulav with beautiful yellow and green color is ready to be served.
- While boiling rice in pan take excess water which can be drained once the rice is cooked.
- Take thick bottom pan to boil rice.
- Do not overcook peas. They will loose color, flavor and taste.
- If you are uncomfortable in boiling rice in pan pressure cook and then wash in flowing water to remove excess starch so that the grains of rice do not stick to each other.
MUSHROOM MATAR MASALA
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small red onion, grated using the large side of the box grater
- 2 cups of thickly sliced White Button mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of green peas, fresh or frozen
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Heat the oil and add in the cumin seeds and wait until the seeds begin to sizzle.
- Add in the grated onion and cook until the onion begins to turn softly golden.
- Add in the mushrooms and mix well.
- Stir in the salt, powdered coriander, cumin, red cayenne pepper, and the black pepper with the green peas and mix well.
- Cover and cook for five minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve.